The upgrade was not smooth… on restart after upgrade the system got stuck at the ‘ubuntu’ spalsh screen. It turned out that the Nvidia driver had to be recompiled with the new 188.8.131.52 Linux kernel.rn
So I executed the below steps to fix this.
– Boot in recovery mode and come to the console.
– Remove the existing nvidia driver: sudo apt-get remove –purge nvidia-current
– Install the kernel source : sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) linux-image-$(uname -r)
– Install the new nvidia drivers: sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
– Setup: sudo nvidia-xconfig
– Reboot :